I seriously cannot imagine Christmas without mince pies. Living in the States at the moment, it can be quite hard to find mince meat. Thanks to the World Market, I was able to get couple of jars this year and jumped right into baking! This is also the first Christmas of my gluten free journey. I decided to simply substitute the plain flour for gluten free rice flour and it worked!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe:
Gluten Free Mince Pies
- 175 g Gluten Free Flour
- 75 g Cold Butter (cubed)
- 25 g Icing Sugar
- 1 large Orange Zest
- 1 Egg
- 1 jar Mince Meat
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (390˚F).
- In a food processor, mix flour and butter. Add icing sugar and grated orange zest. Stir in beaten egg. Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Lightly dust your workspace with icing sugar. Roll the dough to thickness of 1-2 mm. Use an 8 cm (3 in) fluted cutter to stamp 12 rounds. Using the rest of your dough, cut out your favourite shapes (I love stars and trees) for the tops of your pies.
- Line each hole of a muffin tin with one of the rounds and prick the bottom of each with a fork. Fill with mince meat and carefully place the tops on.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dusting of icing sugar.
This is seriously the quickest and most fool-proof recipe for Gluten Free Mince Pies! If you decide to give them a try, I would love to hear about it!
You can also check out my Recipe section for some more delicious treats!